Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Woodland colours

Recently, I visited a local woodland to do some birdwatching. I saw quite a range of birds, but most surprisingly, a wide range of plants too.

On a few of the trees in the woods, a rusty brown lichen was seen on the bark. I am assuming that it is lichen, please correct me if I am wrong. It did literally look like the tree had gone rusty and it was a really interesting effect.

Also seen was this moss-like plant on the woodland floor. Foxgloves were seen along the edges of the path. It was great to see such a range of colours. The air was quite damp and my camera lens steamed up from time to time, so there were little bird photograph opportunities.

I know this has been a short post, although I plan to post again a bit later so do pop back.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Nice pics and observations Joe. You know sometimes there is way more beauty in tree bark, moss and lichen than in a flower and so often we don’t even notice it. Once we do of course then it opens up some fantastic photo challenges with light and atmosphere. Enjoy your discoveries :-D

Joe said...

Hi Shirl,

Thanks very much for your comment. Yes, a wood like that really can provide some great photo opportunities. I did also see quite a range of birds too. I saw what looked like a Goldcrest flitting through the branches, although it may have just been a juvenile Wren. We also saw a Red Kite nest high up in one of the trees. It really was alive with various creatures.

Unknown said...

Man you seem a nature lover and an adventure freak..thats what makes you take those rare shots..keep posting.. :-)

shobin
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step